Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why I write

My mother is the kind of Mom that will save a kleenex that you blew in when you were two years old and put it in a "treasure box" for us to look at when we are all grown up, she thinks everything is special. I might have embellished a little bit... but not that much. It is from this treasure box that I can gather that I have been writing since I was six-years-old. We have stacks and stacks of notebooks of my short stories all the way up until I was thirteen and started hiding my notebooks under my mattress, because I became aware of how much I hate when people read what I write. I mainly write so that I can rid my mind of the things that I can't get my mouth to say out loud. I am a person that bottles everything up until I am ready to explode, and then I take out my notebook and write until I feel sure I have developed arthritis. So, I completely just write for myself, which is why I am taking this class, so that hopefully I won't feel so shy, and can maybe take my notebook out of it's hiding place.

3 comments: